MAX21 –Mountains Arts XPO 2021
Saturday 9–10 October & 16–17 October 2021
Attention all Blue Mountains Artisans
Exciting news! As part of the Blue Mountains Arts Festival, BMCAN’s MAX 21, a mountains arts expo featuring all the different art forms that make up our lively community of creatives will be held at the Fairmont Resort from 9 – 17 October, inclusive of the two weekends.
MAX 21 will include live music events, a curated artisan market with over 50 exhibitors, art exhibitions, open studio visits, and workshops. We are also planning to launch Fluidity, an innovative online multi-arts project using Creative Commons principles to manage copyright issues. To get involved, contact Tim Jones: email@example.com
A highlight of MAX 21 is the artisans market, curated by Christina Mija, Trish Fraunfelter and Julie Ankers, which will be held in stylish white marquees on the grounds of Fairmont Resort, and two Saturday night concerts featuring top music acts. We are also hoping to organise a further two events at Fairmont, as collaborations between BMCAN’s Wild Mountain Collective and the Blue Mountains World Heritage Institute (BMWHI) and the Aboriginal Cultural Resources Centre (ACRC).
Watch this space as events are finalised.
Members of the organising committee are Graham Tribe, Julie Ankers, Christina Mija, Trish Fraunfelter, Brad Diedrich, and Deborah Sheehan.
How to apply to become an exhibitor
- Please download this Application Form and Checklist and save to your computer.
- Complete the Application Form and Checklist and re-save the file. Name the file, e.g. Jane Smith MAX21.
- Email the completed Application Form and Checklist to firstname.lastname@example.org by Saturday 1 May 2021.
- Pay your exhibition fee of $300 (or $250 for BMCAN members) per weekend (account details below).
The application costs are $300 per weekend for non-BMCAN members or $250 per weekend for BMCAN members. Annual membership is $60, or if you are a current member renewing the fee is $50 but payment must be made before applying to receive the discount.
How to become an exhibitor
Further details which are also on your application form.
The Blue Mountains Creative Arts Network (BMCAN) Arts XPO Festival Committee has the pleasure of inviting you to exhibit in MAX21 – Mountains Arts XPO 2021 Festival – to be held at the Fairmont Hotel on the weekends of 9–10 October and 16–17 October 2021.
Please liaise with one of the following people regarding your site on the oval at the Fairmont:
- Christina Mija – email: email@example.com.
au or text message: 0418 627 800.
- Julie Ankers – email: firstname.lastname@example.org or text message: 0419 631 371.
Marquees (2.4m x 2.4m with inbuilt benches on three sides) will be provided. All covering cloths, chairs, shelving, lighting and props are to be provided by you.
The deadline for receipt of application forms, images, written material, and fee payment is Saturday 1 May 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: We have over 50 exhibitors sending numerous documents and images. It is important that all documents, images, and correspondence have your name first followed by the file name, e.g. Jane Smith MAX21.
- Application Form and Checklist to be completed, signed (typed signature accepted), and emailed to email@example.com
- Ensure when saving the Application Form and Checklist that the document name is changed to indicate your name first followed by the file name, e.g. Jane Smith MAX21.
- Payment is $300 per weekend for non-BMCAN members or $250 per weekend for BMCAN members. Please make your payment by EFT to the BMCAN account and designate your desired weekend/s. Account details on the application form. Reference: Your surname ONLY (no trading names) followed by MAX21.
- Email receipt of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note that no commissions are taken by BMCAN for items sold.
- Please go to the BMCAN website bmcan.com.au and familiarise yourself with the Member Studios page in particular. We require each exhibitor to submit a bio of between 150–200 words for inclusion on the website, as well as a personal photo. When you register and pay your fee, you can use the Dropbox link below or we will send you the Dropbox link so you can send your bio and images to us for inclusion on our website and promotion material.
- All exhibitors are expected to participate in promoting MAX21 using their own channels of distribution.
- Note that, in the case of inclement weather, the Fairmont will make available alternative exhibition arrangements in a large internal marquee.
How to upload files and images we can use for promoting MAX21.
PHOTOS OF YOUR PRODUCTS
Please provide up to 10 digital photos of your products that can be used in promoting your artworks in print marketing and on social media. File sizes should be as close to but not exceed 2Mb. Please note: only photos we consider “of good quality” will be shown in our brochure, programs, and on social media, and in any other marketing. The better your photos, the more chance your products will be showcased. We will also be showcasing the images on your BMCAN member pages which will be linked from the MAX21 event pages.
Please upload your images to the Dropbox link below and please also make sure they are named with your/your studio’s name and the name of the work. It is also optional to let us know the price of the work and this can be achieved by including a price list as a text file. Be thorough and be detailed … and have a great festival!